Institute of Plant Molecular Biology
1. 1. 2023
28. 11. 2022
Communication/outreach manager is wanted for a newly established ERA Chair support team at the Institute of Plant Molecular Biology (IPMB, www.umbr.cas.cz/en/), Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences (BC, www.bc.cas.cz) in České Budějovice.
• are highly motivated individuals with experience in communication of research and science towards public (knowledge of life sciences is beneficial)
• are familiar with trends in outreach and popularization of science on social media
• have experience in organizing scientific events
• are able to create and innovate attractive outreach activities for plant sciences
• are dedicated to providing excellent service for researchers
• speak excellent Czech and English (other languages are beneficial)
• 0,5 FTE position for five years (2023-2027) with possibility of extension
• tentative starting date (negotiable) on 01 Jan 2023
• opportunity for lifelong education and professional growth
• opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes
• opportunity to network with specialists from other research institutions
• English speaking, stimulating and friendly environment
• HR Excellence in Research Award, implemented European standards in human resources
Other employment benefits
• 1 extra week of holiday, i.e. 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total
• subsidized lunches in our own canteen
• benefits from Social fund, support of leisure time activities
• working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
• free language classes – Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs
• concessionary mobile tariff at the contractual operator
• concessionary banking services at the contractual bank
More about planned research within the ERA Chair program here: https://www.umbr.cas.cz/en/news-and-events/news-detail/6586-biology-centre-will-strengthen-plant-research/
How to apply:
Please submit your (1) motivation letter and (2) structured CV including previous activities and other relevant output as well as contacts for two references (max 4 pages) via the REPLY button below by 28 November 2022 23:59 CET. All documents in the application should be in English.
Interviews with selected applicants will be held after the application deadline.
Informal inquiries can be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.