Laboratory Assistant in Aquatic Microbial Ecology
Institute of Hydrobiology
Department of Aquatic Microbial Ecology (AME)
1. 5. 2023
The Department of Aquatic Microbial Ecology (https://www.hbu.cas.cz/en/structure/ame/), Institute of Hydrobiology, Biology Centre CAS (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/homepage/), invites applications for laboratory assistant position. The new assistant will work in the molecular laboratory, in the microbial laboratory, maintain the lab, order supplies and occasionally work in field.
• Good knowledge of molecular techniques (DNA/RNA isolation, PCR).
• Experience in work with bacterial and eukaryotic cultures and flow cytometry would be appreciated.
• Experience with MS Excel, Word.
• Candidates must be proficient in English.
• Driving licence and knowledge of Czech language would be considered favourably but is not a prerequisite for selection.
• 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total for 1 FTE
• Subsidized lunches in our own canteen and other benefits from Social fund
• Standard health insurance and social security
• Working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
• Welcome service and further support for foreigners (HR Award)
• Friendly & stimulating international working environment
• Work-life balance in a middle-sized university city offering options for outdoor, sport & cultural activities
• Free language classes (Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs)
• Opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
• Concessionary mobile tariff and banking services at the contractual operator and bank
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Target starting date is 1 May 2023, the position is available for 1 year with possible extension.
How to apply:
Please submit your application via REPLY button below. Application should contain CV and the name and contact information of at least one referee, preferable as a single PDF file.
Don’t hesitate to ask for further information about the position. Contact: Dr. Tanja Shabarova, email@example.com.