Project Manager for the Cure4Aqua Project
Institute of Parasitology
Laboratory of Functional Helminthology
28. 10. 2022
The Biology Centre of Czech Academy of Sciences opens a position of a Project Manager for the Cure4Aqua project (call: HORIZON-CL6-2022-DARM2FORK-01).
The Project Manager will provide management, financial and administrative support to the project, such as:
• The overall responsibility for the complete management of the project in close cooperation with the project coordinator;
• Daily communication with international project partners;
• Project progress monitoring;
• Preparation and processing of technical and financial reports;
• Maintenance and update of project web page;
• Organisation of teleconferences, project meetings, workshops, conferences;
• Travel arrangements of the coordinator.
Qualifications and skills
• University degree or equivalent education in Business Administration, Human Resources or any other disciplines relevant to this assignment;
• Fluency in oral and written English;
• Excellent organising skills demonstrable with relevant experience;
• Good communications skills (both oral and written in formal and informal situations)
• Presentation and organisational skills;
• Strong analytical skills and computer literacy;
• Organised and meticulous;
• Responsibility, flexibility, ability to work both in team and independently;
• Ability to work in multinational environment;
• Willingness to travel;
• Driving licence.
General professional experience
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
• Basic financial/budget management skills;
• Strong writing and reporting skills.
Specific professional experience
• At least 1 year working in administration and project management;
• Proven experience in organising events and conferences;
• Working experience on EU external assistance programmes and familiarity with EU procedures and reporting requirements will be an asset.
• 1 extra week of holiday, i.e. 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total
• Subsidized lunches in our own canteen
• Benefits from Social fund
• Working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
• Friendly international working environment
• Support of leisure time activities
• Free language classes – Czech for foreigners
• Opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
• Concessionary mobile tariff at the contractual operator
• Concessionary banking services at the contractual bank
The employment contract is bound to existence of the project; job duration is from November 2022 to April 2027.
The Project Manager will be working full time on a fixed term contract from Biology Center Czech Academy of Sciences (BC CAS). You will report to the Coordinator and will work closely with BC CAS financial and administrative teams.
BC CAS engages experts who are the best in their field and who can independently deliver high-quality, on-time results.
As a staff member working with BC CAS, you will be appreciated and valued. Our projects and stakeholders are international and diverse, so we work hard to create inclusive teams that support our efforts and each other. We therefore encourage you to apply regardless of your socio-economic background, ethnicity, sexual preference, marital status or family situation, gender or disability.
How to apply:
If interested, please send your CV in English only via the REPLY button below by the application deadline (28 October 2022). Interviews will be held in the week of 31 October 2022.