Postdoc in Plant Molecular Biology
Ústav molekulární biologie rostlin
1. 1. 2024
31. 12. 2023
Popis pracovní pozice:
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join a collaborative project aiming to understand the conservation of PRC2 function between Arabidopsis thaliana and green algal models.
The group of Iva Mozgová, https://mozgovalab.umbr.cas.cz/, was established at Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences in 2019. We are an international research group with interest in the function and evolution of the Polycomb Repressive Complexes (PRC). Our main focus is understanding PRC2 function in plant growth and vegetative development and its evolution in the green lineage. We combine methods of molecular biology, biochemistry and plant physiology with bioinformatics.
Biology, molecular biology, plant sciences or other related areas
• have a PhD in biology, molecular biology, plant sciences or other related areas
• have an excellent knowledge of English – oral and written
• have an active attitude to problem-solving
• have good communication skills and are able to work in an international team and collaborate with other researchers and students
• are open to developing new approaches
• previous experience with work using Arabidopsis or algae as models is an advantage
• previous experience in epigenetics and NGS data analysis is an advantage
• full time position for two years with possibility to extend, competitive salary
• start date possible in Jan 2024 or based on agreement
• participation in cutting-edge research projects
• access to the state-of-the-art research infrastructure & equipment
• English-speaking, stimulating and friendly environment
• professional career development & soft skills
• possibility to develop own research project in line with the group focus and apply for individual fellowships
• HR Excellence in Research Award, implemented European standards in human resources
• work-life balance in a historical middle-sized university city offering options for outdoor and cultural activities
Other employment benefits
• 5 weeks of paid holiday yearly (for 1 FTE)
• Subsidized lunches in our own canteen
• Standard health insurance and social security
• Benefits from Social fund
• Working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
• Welcome service and further support for foreigners (HR Award)
• Free language classes (Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs)
• Opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
• Concessionary services at the contractual operator and bank
The Biology Centre CAS holds the HR Award. Our selection process meets European standards for recruitment of researchers (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/employees/candidates/otm-r/) and we provide our employees from abroad with welcome service (visa application, administration, relocation & settlement support). Gender equality plan (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/about-us/gender-equality/) has been accepted in 2022.
The Biology Centre is located in České Budějovice (2 hours south of the capital Prague), a middle-sized city with ca. 100K inhabitants, relaxed atmosphere, over 750 years of tradition and a breathtaking countryside around. Both the town and the surrounding countryside provide numerous opportunities for research and leisure activities. There is also a growing international expert community at the Biology Centre CAS (BC CAS, https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/) and the University of South Bohemia (USB, https://www.jcu.cz/en/). In addition, the living costs are still low by international standards. Check out our Guide for Expats (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/employees/) to read about life in the city and the Czech Republic.
Jak se přihlásit:
Please submit your motivation letter, structured CV including list of publications, contacs of two referees and PhD diploma via the "REPLY" button below.
Informal inquiries can be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org