Postdoc in Molecular Biology of Ticks
Biologie přenašečů nemocí
Laboratoř molekulární biologie klíšťat
45 000 - 50 000 Kč
1. 3. 2023
31. 1. 2023
Popis pracovní pozice:
A postdoctoral fellow position for two years (with an option of two-year extension) is immediately available in the laboratory of Dr Jan Perner at the Institute of Parasitology (IP, www.paru.cas.cz/en/) of the Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS, www.bc.cas.cz/en/) in Ceske Budejovice (Czechia).
The lab (www.researchgate.net/lab/Molecular-Biology-of-Ticks-Jan-Perner) employs genomic tools, reverse genetics, and biochemical approaches to understand the molecular basis of the tick-host interaction. The overarching goal of our scientific work has been to define key molecular interactions at both tick-host interfaces: (1) in tick midgut (nutrient sensing) and (2) at tick feeding site (immune and haemostatic modulation).
The specific tasks for the applicant will be tailor-made based on the existing experience or planned research direction.
Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Immunology
Qualified candidates should have:
• Ph.D., or equivalent experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, and immunology;
• strong scientific productivity, demonstrated through high-quality research published in peer reviewed journals;
• skills for internal and collaborative projects;
• a strong sense of curiosity and willingness to explore;
• an eligibility criterion is 9 years or less from PhD on 1st January 2023.
Strong applicant(s) will have knowledge or skills in one or more of the following areas:
• Native protein biochemistry: protein solubilisations, pull-downs, western blots;
• recombinant protein biochemistry: expression, purification, quality control;
• either protein biophysics: protein ligand interaction (ITC, SPR, Octet, Thermophoresis);
• or protein glycobiochemistry: lectin blots, identification of glycans.
• 1 extra week of holiday, i.e. 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total
• Subsidized lunches in our own canteen
• Benefits from Social fund, support of leisure time activities
• Working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
• Friendly international working environment
• Free language classes – Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs
• Opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
• Concessionary mobile tariff at the contractual operator
• Concessionary banking services at the contractual bank
In addition to that, we offer you:
• Competitive salary package
• Private health care coverage
• Wide range of staff discounts
• Kinder garden availability
Starting date is negotiable (during March 2023).
Recent articles related with the current projects of the lab:
• Kopacek P, et al 2021. Science Translational Medicine
• Perner J, et al 2021 Open Biology
• Perner J, et al 2019 Trends in Parasitology
• Perner J, et al 2016 eLife
Ceske Budejovice (2 hours away from Prague) is a city with over 750 years of tradition. It has history wherever you turn, excellent beer, breathtaking countryside around, and a growing international expert community at the Biology Centre CAS (BC CAS) and the University of South Bohemia (USB). Check out our Guide for Expats (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/employees/) to read about life in the city and the Czech Republic.
The Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences holds the HR Excellence in Research Award. Our selection process is transparent, open, non-discriminating, and fair. For more information about the researchers' recruitment policy at our institution, see OTM-R (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/employees/candidates/otm-r/).
Jak se přihlásit:
If interested, please send us your application by 31 January 2023 via the REPLY button below.
Full application should include:
a) curriculum vitae,
b) a summary of current and future research interests,
c) a list of publications, pre-prints, or a re-print of unpublished manuscripts,
d) expected availability date and contact information of two references.
Applications will begin to be reviewed immediately and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
If you have any queries, contact Dr Jan Perner (firstname.lastname@example.org).